Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Creamy Avocado Pasta


Last night, I stumbled upon this vegan dinner recipe for Creamy Avocado Pasta and decided to give it a shot. The recipe looked simple enough for vegan travelers and I was lucky enough to already have all of the ingredients in my kitchen here in Argentina. 

All it takes is some fettucine, avocado, garlic, lemon juice, tomatoes, and extra virgin olive oil, all of which I have easily located here in the local supermarkets for a travelers budget.




This recipe caught my attention at first, because I thought the idea to blend avocado as an creamy alfredo sauce alternative was brilliant! I'm not sure why I never thought to do this before!

Turns out, the creamy avocado pasta was fairly easy and quick to prepare (and trust me, easy for me really means EASY). The only change I would make to this recipe when making it the next time is to use a little bit less garlic in the avocado sauce. I also ended up dicing my tomatoes instead of baking them, because as it turns out, I am not highly skilled at turning on an Argentinian manual gas oven (so complicated!).

But overall, the dinner came out great and the taste was very similar to a real Italian dinner! Even my boyfriend's father, who is the farthest thing from a vegan, gave it a taste and didn't think it was so bad!

I highly recommend this recipe to vegan travelers who are having problems finding vegan ingredients but still craving something rich, creamy and satisfying!

No comments:

Post a Comment