Thursday, November 22, 2012

Vegan Soy Burger, Brown Rice, Lentils, and Wax Beans

My Dinner From Tonight
Here's another quick dinner that is cheap and easy to prepare while traveling here in Argentina: wax beans ("chaucha's" in Argentinian Spanish), lentils (lentejas), brown rice (arroz integral) and my favorite, Vegetalex Milanesas de Soja (Soy Patties). All of these items can be found in a normal supermarket and are all within a travelers' budget (yes even the soy burgers!).

The burgers are a bit dry and cardboard-like, but remind me of my beloved veggie burgers back home and are an easy and affordable addition to dinners and salads here in Argentina. My host family seems to feel better feeding me one of these every time they are at a loss for what to prepare for the strange vegan American girl ;-). Be careful though, there is another brand of soy patties in the supermarket that uses egg whites and is not vegan (It is called Granja del Sol).
Vegan Soy Patties or "Milanesas De Soja"
Okay, so I admit it is a bit plain and probably won't be the most delicious vegan meal you've ever had, but it has a great mix of nutrients, carbs, and protein and will give you energy you need to get out and explore the country!

No comments:

Post a Comment