Friday, November 16, 2012

My Vegan Inspiration

First and foremost, I have to thank Veganbackpacker.com for inspiring me to record my vegan adventures while here in Argentina. Their site has tons of great vegan traveler tips, recipes, guides and photos that have helped me immensely. By far my favorite article is their piece on "Homemade Vegan Meals in Buenos Aires," which lists quick and easy vegan meals as well as where to find the correct products. Granted, I am not in Buenos Aires, but I have found that most of the products can also be found here in Rosario as well.

After arriving in Argentina just a few weeks ago, I admit that I am still a bit lost as I struggle to adapt to the new culture and food. On top of being slightly cooking-challenged, I was worried that I wouldn't be able to find enough options to satisfy my hunger and meet my nutritional needs as a vegan. I admit, I am slightly lazy as well and have been spoiled by the plethora of vegan and vegetarian options back home in New York, such as Trader Joe's and Whole Foods Stores. Worst of all, I dreaded the idea of having to sacrifice my beloved So Delicious Coconut Milk Ice cream, Tofutti Cuties, and countless other vegan masterpieces.

However, after doing some research and discovering gems such as Veganbackpacker.com, I can confidently say that I am up for the challenge of becoming more creative with my diet and putting together a variety of new, home-cooked, original and healthy meals. Now, I am not making any promises as to how great these meals will come out since I am on a budget and a bit of a domestic disaster, but here it goes!


Check it out!
Homemade Vegan Meals in Buenos Aires:
http://veganbackpacker.com/blog/homemade-vegan-meals-in-buenos-aires/

Shopping For Vegan Food in Buenos Aires:
http://veganbackpacker.com/featured-articles/vegan-grocery-shopping-in-buenos-aires/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment