Friday, February 21, 2014

Brooklyn Goes Vegan

The V-Spot Cafe in Park Slope, Brooklyn


I have found my first little slice of vegan heaven in Brooklyn's Park Slope neighborhood! I stumbled upon it while waiting for my husband to finish an interview in the area and boy am I glad I decided to give it a try! The cafe is Latin, Vegan and Kosher (what a combo!) and has been advertised on Telemundo, Brooklyn News 12, El Diario, Daily News and CBS.

The atmosphere was warm and cozy (especially coming from the freezing temperatures outside) and the staff was very friendly. The place was on the small side but there was plenty of room for all the happy guests to fit comfortably. I was unsure what to order since everything looked really great, but ended up going with the host's recommendation of their Chick'n Parm Hero.
Eggplant Parm

The food was ready in approximately 10 minutes and when I opened it up, it looked much better than I was expecting. For just over $10, I got a huge hero wrapped up in aluminum foil and a nice side salad with some kind of delicious house dressing (Italian, I think).

Granted, I have never had vegan chicken parm before, but it was always one of my favorite foods before going vegan and I was beyond excited to try it. To my relief, it tasted even better than it looked! I know that it's more of a comfort food and not exactly the most healthful meal, but for an occasional splurge, it was absolutely delicious. I'm so glad to see vegan places like this catching on throughout New York and I can't wait to return again in the future :-)!

V Spot Cafe Website
VSPOT - 156 5th Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11217

No comments:

Post a Comment